SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, MATH (STEM)
EXPLORE Science, Technology, Enginering and Math (STEM) at Edmonds College
The mission of the STEM Division is to provide exceptional learning opportunities through innovative Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs, lab experiences, and coursework that allow students to acquire STEM content knowledge, gain laboratory skills, and think collaboratively and critically so they are prepared for success in future STEM and non-STEM courses, programs, and career pathways.
Degrees & Certificates
Resources for STEM Students
STEM Student Support and Retention Specialist
For general questions about STEM and/or to get connected to resources and services, visit the STEM Student Support and Retention Specialist in Hazel Miller Building (HZL) 204B or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!
Relationships in STEM Education (RiSE) Mentor Program
To be eligible for the RiSE Mentor Program, a student must be attending Edmonds College and be earning an Associate’s degree and/or transferring to a university in one of the STEM fields or Pre-Nursing. Visit the RiSE page to find out more and join!
Math, Engineering, Science, Achievement (MESA)
MESA supports underrepresented student achievements in STEM fields. Benefits of membership include being a part of the safe and supportive MESA community, connections with students in other MESA programs across the state, use of the private MESA study room, and MESA-sponsored career panels and events that highlight the importance of creating a diverse and empowered STEM community. Visit the MESA page to find out more and to join!
STEM Study Room (HZL 208)
The STEM Study Room is a place for Edmonds College students to get free, drop-in academic support from tutors and STEM faculty. In addition to free tutoring, the study room provides whiteboard tables, textbooks and study guides, headphones, Chromebooks for in-room use, and free snacks to students. For more information and to see a detailed tutoring schedule, see the STEM Study Room page.
Edmonds College STEM believes in:
- Creating a cohort of science students who are optimally prepared to succeed at the university level
- Investing in the local community through providing opportunities for K-12 schools, students, and parents to engage in STEM
- Encouraging students in pre-college courses to further their studies in STEM and pursue STEM careers
- Ensuring that students complete their degrees by connecting students to resources and providing mentoring and tutoring
- Supporting STEM students to go above and beyond in their studies by offering undergraduate research opportunities
- Providing students the opportunity to apply what they have learned in real-world situations
- Connecting students to professional organizations and employers such as
- The Boeing Company
- Premera Blue Cross
- Swedish Edmonds
- Crane Aerospace
Considering enrolling at Edmonds?
Your Edmonds College advisor will work with you to choose the right path for your future career, help you register for classes, answer questions about paying for college, and more.