Edmonds College Logo

Residence Halls



Living in our Residence Hall

  • Offers a safe and clean living environment
  • Helps provide a strong community and living experience
  • Provides co-curricular activities to increase student learning
  • Challenges students in the areas of personal wellness, integrity, and international connectedness
  • Educates students on intercultural communication and understanding

What are the Policies?

  • Quiet hours - 10 p.m.-10 a.m. Sunday-Thursday; 12 a.m.-10 a.m. Friday-Saturday
  • Guest policy - Each of your guests may stay a maximum of 3 nights in a row each quarter with your roommate's consent
  • No letting strangers into the building (they must have a fob/key or be accompanied by a resident)
  • No alcohol or drugs (including legal marijuana) are allowed
  • No smoking in apartments
  • Students should keep their apartments clean (cleaning daily and weekly on their own)
  • No pets

The college may remove a student, with only 24 hours notice, if they do not follow these policies.

See the Residence Hall Handbook for all policies as presented at orientation.

Accessible Room Assignments

Residence hall accommodations are available in Rainier Place, which is closest to campus if you are a student with disabilities. Accessible housing space is limited, and rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis based on when the completed application and deposits are received.

It is your responsibility to register with the Students with Disabilities Office (SSD) if special accommodations are needed when applying for housing. We encourage you to apply early and to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office of special needs when submitting your application. The Housing and Residence Life Office will respond to requests for appropriate and reasonable housing accommodations in a timely manner.

Service Animals

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Amendments Act, a service animal means any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability.

You must register with the Students with Disabilities Office (SSD) if special accommodations are needed when applying for housing. You are encouraged to apply early and to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office of special needs when the application for housing is made.

Recommended Reading

Read The Naked Roommate book and check out www.nakedroommate.com for insight and tips about your new journey.

We are a member of:

  • NAFSA Association of International Educators
  • AWISA Association of Washington International Student Affairs
  • AIHP WS Association of International Host -Programs in Washington State
  • NW - ACUHO NorthWest Association of College and University Housing Officers
  • ACUHO - I Association of College and University Housing Officers International

Value of Living On Campus

Did you know that students who live in campus residence halls:

  • Are more likely to remain in college, more likely to graduate on time, and more likely to continue on in graduate and professional schools;
  • Are more involved in campus activities - they learn to work with others, manage budgets, and follow through with projects;
  • Find their college experience to be more comfortable, more academic, more supportive, and more enjoyable; and
  • Build strong friendships and experience more cultural diversity.

For more information, read the research by Astin, Alexander. “The Impact of Dormitory Living on Students.” The Educational Record, 1973, pp.54, 204-210. and "Four Critical Years: Effects of College on Beliefs, Attitudes, and Knowledge." San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1977. For further reading, check out the book "The Resident Assistant, Applications and Strategies for Working with College Students in Residence Halls" (2003) by Gregory Blimling.

Other Options

You may choose to live in an off-campus apartment by yourself or with roommates. There are many choices within walking distance of the college.

  • Most apartments are not furnished. After arrival, you must purchase all food, dishes, linens, and furniture.
  • Housing and Residence Life suggests that if you are a new student, you stay with a host family or in the residence hall for at least your first academic quarter to get familiar with the community. If you choose to live in a residence hall, you sign a lease and may only move out after that lease ends.

Notice to Students: Recommended Vaccinations

 Students are recommended to receive the meningococcal vaccine and a COVID booster.

Meningococcal Vaccine Use in College

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and Washington State Department of Health (DOH) Vaccine Advisory Committee recommend that all students entering college and living in group settings (including dorms, fraternities and sororities), should receive the meningococcal vaccine. College students, particularly those that live in dorms, have an increased risk of getting the disease. A meningococcal vaccine protects against four of the five most common types of the disease, which can result in serious or life-threatening illness. Vaccine protection lasts three to five years and can prevent 50-70% of cases on college campuses. Those students who will be attending college and residing in group settings should talk with a healthcare professional about obtaining the meningococcal vaccine prior to college entry. 

Also, it is recommended that all students have had the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) series, a Tetanus booster in the last 10 years, the Hepatitis B series, and the Coronavirus vaccine.

Contact the Housing Office

425.640.1080 | housing@edmonds.edu

Office: Rainier Place Residence Hall, 19920 68th Avenue West, Lynnwood, WA 98036
Mailing address: Attn: Housing Office, 20000 68th Avenue West, Lynnwood, WA 98036

Please visit the Contact Us page for more information about our staff.