Did you earn college level credits at a technical school, college or university? Do you want those credits to apply toward a certificate or degree? Then you should get a Transcript Evaluation!
- Submit a Transcript Evaluation Request online using the GATE credential evaluation system using your pre-ctcLink student ID number (also known as an SID or Legacy SID).
- Clearly list all the transcripts we will be receiving! Please do not use abbreviations for colleges, universities, and other institutions.
- The team will begin processing your requests when all of your listed transcripts for evaluation are on file.
- Your transcripts will be evaluated toward the degree or certificate you specify in your request. A separate request may be required for each degree or certificate. If your educational goals change, your transcripts may require re-evaluation. Reach out to us if your goals change!
- Not sure if you have an SID? Reach out to our colleagues in Enrollment Services to check
- If you do not have an SID, please reach out to us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Name (as it appears in ctcLink)
- ctcLink ID number
- Your date of birth (for record verification)
- Any former name(s) or names that may appear on other transcripts
- The degree/certificate you are pursing
- Your program requirement sheet year (especially if it is different than current requirements)
- Your advisor’s name and department, if you are working with one
- How many transcripts you are sending to be evaluated
- The names of the academic institutions (colleges, universities, accredited agencies, etc.)
- Submit your evaluation request at least one quarter before you need the credits transferred. Official evaluations traditionally take eight to twelve weeks to process once all transcripts are received. This is due to equivalency research and communication with Edmonds faculty to ensure proper record review.
- Only official transcripts will be accepted for evaluation. Official transcripts must be provided either:
- Electronically, sent directly by the academic institution or their approved vendor, OR
- Sealed in an envelope from the originating institution.
- Unsealed transcripts and transcripts sent digitally by students are considered ‘opened’ and cannot be used due to security reasons.
- If an electronic transcript order asks for our email, please use firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a transcript order asks for our mailing address, please use:
ATTN: Transcript Evaluation
20000 68th Ave. W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Course descriptions may be required for: any out of state colleges or universities; transcripts that are older than five years; any English, math, or science courses; and any international transcripts. We will reach out to you via your student email (EdMail) if course descriptions are required for your evaluation.
- Military Transcripts: To request Military Transcripts be sent to Edmonds college, please visit the Joint Services Transcript Request page. You may also contact the Veterans Resource Center for assistance. The VA requires that you submit official transcripts from every institution you have attended.
- AP Scores and IB scores: You do not need to submit a Transcript Evaluation Request to have credit applied for your AP scores and IB scores. However, they do need to be sent from their respective institutions (College Board and International Baccalaureate) directly to our office. When these official documents are received, they will be transcribed based on the chart found on the Additional Ways to Earn Credit page.
- International Transcripts: If you attended an academic institution outside of the United States, please follow the instructions for International Transcript Evaluation.
The Credentials and Evaluation Team aims to process Transfer Evaluation Requests in the order they are received. At certain times of year, graduating students may receive priority. As we work to complete these requests efficiently and thoroughly, we kindly ask that you remain patient and professional.
If we have questions or concerns, we will reach out to you through your official student email (EdMail). We may also reply to messages sent by addresses connected to ctcLink accounts. Due to privacy policies, we may not be able to provide detailed account information to non-verified third-party emails.
At times, official transcripts from other colleges or academic institutions do not reach us in a timely fashion. This may be due to a variety of reasons (e.g., lost in transit in the mail, electronic error, etc.). If we alert you that we do not have your transcript(s), we have thoroughly reviewed our records on our end and cannot find it. Please contact the originating institution to see if they can resend or reissue your transcript(s) to us.
If we reach out to you regarding missing transcripts or clarification, and we do not hear back from you in a timely manner, we may void your Transcript Evaluation Request. A voided request is ‘closed’ and not worked on further. But don’t worry! We can reopen your request if you reach back out and we receive what we need!
While waiting for your Transcript Evaluation to be completed, you may still be able to use your unofficial external transcripts for placement, academic advising, and prerequisite demonstration!
- English and Math Placement: If your external transcript demonstrates your level of proficiency in English or Math, reach out to our colleagues in Testing and Assessment Services for more information about Alternative Assessment!
- Academic Advising: You can work with the Advising Team or your faculty advisor to obtain an unofficial evaluation of your prior coursework. An unofficial evaluation is a helpful tool to determine which classes you should take at Edmonds College. Please note― an unofficial evaluation does not guarantee your prior coursework will be accepted during the official evaluation.
- Prerequisites: If your external transcript demonstrates that you have already met a class’s prerequisite requirements, you can seek Instructor Permission to join! Take the following steps:
- Acquire an unofficial transcript from your previous school or institution.
- From your Edmonds Student account (EdMail), email the instructor whose class requires the placement or assessment with your:
- ctcLink ID (EMPLID) number,
- The specific course you wish to join (including any Item numbers or Section details),
- Your unofficial transcript (attached to the email), and
- Request to join the course, explaining that the processes for alternative assessment and/or pre-requisite evaluations performed by Credentials and Evaluation are being updated, so you need instructor permission.
Should you require further information please contact us using the credentials email email@example.com.