Edmonds College Logo
Credentials and Evaluation

Transcript Evaluation

Important! Placement is different from Evaluation.

If you would like to use your past coursework for placement in English or Math (i.e., as an alternative to testing with Testing and Assessment Services), check out our page on Transcripts for Placement! This process uses unofficial transcripts and is typically quick. Evaluations require official transcripts and take much longer.

Unofficial Evaluations and Prerequisites

While waiting for your official transcript evaluation to be complete, you can still make progress in your academic journey using unofficial transcripts! Scroll further down for more information.

Submitting an Evaluation Request

As of December 2021, all Edmonds College students may use the On-line Graduation Application and Transcript Evaluation (GATE) system by logging in with their Triton ID.

Submit a Graduation Application in GATE

  1. If you have not already, set-up and activate your Triton ID.
  2. Order your official transcripts from your previous college, university, or institute.
    If prompted, use the following for digital and physical mailing addresses:


Edmonds College
ATTN: Transcript Evaluation
20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036

  1. Using your Triton ID (username and password), log into GATE.
  2. Click the “Select” button next to Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits.
  3. Clearly fill out the fields for:
    • Any former or other names that would appear on your transcripts,
    • The program you are pursuing at Edmonds College,
    • The names of the college(s) you are submitting for evaluation,
    • In the Student Comments field, please provide your Academic Advisor or Faculty Advisor’s name, and
    • In the Student Comments field, provide any other relevant information that will help us with your evaluation (e.g., the transcripts are hard copies being mailed).

Transfer Credit Report

Once your Transcript Evaluation Request is completed, your transferred courses and credits will not show in detail on your Edmonds College transcript. It will show as the name of the original college or institute and a sum of credits.

To view the transferred courses and credits in detail, log into your ctcLink Student Homepage and click on the Academic Records tile. Click on the ‘View Transfer Credit Report’ from the sidebar menu on the left. For more detailed instructions, visit the ctcLink Reference Center page: View Transfer Credit Report (Fluid).

Unofficial Evaluations

You can work with the Advising Team or your faculty advisor to obtain an unofficial evaluation of your prior coursework. An unofficial evaluation is a helpful tool to determine which classes you should take at Edmonds College.

Please note― an unofficial evaluation does not guarantee your prior coursework will be accepted during the official evaluation. To make sure you receive the best support, we recommend recording the name of the advisor that helps you and any notes. This will allow us to connect with them if there are any questions or concerns.

Prerequisites and Instructor Permission

If your external transcript demonstrates that you have already met a class’s prerequisite requirements, you can seek Instructor Permission to join! Take the following steps:

  1. Acquire an unofficial transcript from your previous school or institution.
  2. From the email account listed in your ctcLink account, email the instructor whose class requires the placement or assessment with your:
    1. Name,
    2. ctcLink ID number,
    3. The specific course you wish to join (including any Item numbers or Section details),
    4. Your unofficial transcript (attached to the email), and
    5. Request to join the course, explaining that the processes for alternative assessment and/or pre-requisite evaluations performed by Credentials and Evaluation are being updated, so you need instructor permission.
  3. If the professor grants you permission, forward that email to instructor.permission@edmonds.edu.

If you or your professor have questions about this process, please reach out to our colleagues in Enrollment Services. If you encounter additional registration challenges, please reach out to Enrollment Services at registration@edmonds.edu .

Helpful Evaluation Information

Submit your evaluation request at least one quarter before you need the credits transferred. Official evaluations traditionally take eight to twelve weeks to process once all transcripts are received. Remote operations, system updates, and similar situations can add delays. This is due to equivalency research and communication with Edmonds faculty to ensure proper record review.

Only official transcripts will be accepted for evaluation. Official transcripts must be provided either:

  • Electronically, sent directly by the academic institution or their approved vendor, OR
  • Sealed in an envelope from the originating institution.
  • Unsealed transcripts and transcripts sent digitally by students are considered ‘opened’ and cannot be used due to security reasons.

If an electronic transcript order asks for our email, please use credentials@edmonds.edu. If a transcript order asks for our mailing address, please use:

Edmonds College
ATTN: Transcript Evaluation
20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036

There are over 100 programs offered at Edmonds College, and some have very similar names. If you are not certain which specific program is yours, check out the Academic Catalog and reach out to the Advising Team for support.

Your transcripts will be evaluated toward the degree or certificate your list in your request. A separate request may be required for each degree or certificate. If your educational goals change, your transcripts may require re-evaluation. Reach out to us if your goals change!

Course descriptions may be required for: any out of state colleges or universities; transcripts that are older than five years; any English, math, or science courses; and any international transcripts. We will reach out to you via your student email (i.e., the email listed in your ctcLink account) if course descriptions are required for your evaluation.

  • Military Transcripts: To request Military Transcripts be sent to Edmonds college, please visit the Joint Services Transcript Request page. You may also contact the Veterans Resource Center for assistance. The VA requires that you submit official transcripts from every institution you have attended.
  • AP Scores and IB scores: You do not need to submit a Transcript Evaluation Request to have credit applied for your AP scores and IB scores. However, they do need to be sent from their respective institutions (College Board and International Baccalaureate) directly to our office. When these official documents are received, they will be transcribed based on the chart found on the Additional Ways to Earn Credit page.
  • International Transcripts: If you attended an academic institution outside of the United States, please follow the instructions for International Transcript Evaluation.

The Credentials and Evaluation Team aims to process Transfer Evaluation Requests in the order they are received. At certain times of year, graduating students may receive priority. As we work to complete these requests efficiently and thoroughly, we kindly ask that you remain patient and professional.

If we have questions or concerns, we will reach out to you through your official student email or the address listed in your ctcLink account. Due to security and privacy policies, we may not be able to provide detailed account information to non-verified third-party emails.

We do our best to reply back to emails in a timely manner, typically 1 to 3 business days. Certain situations may require more time, and we will do our best to alert you in those instances. Please be mindful that if you send multiple messages to us in rapid succession, it may cause delays in serving you and other students.

If we reach out to you regarding missing transcripts or clarification, and we do not hear back from you in a timely manner, we may void your Transcript Evaluation Request. A voided request is ‘closed’ and not worked on further. But don’t worry! We can reopen your request if you reach back out and we receive what we need!


If you did not find your answer here, please check out our other links. If you still cannot find your answer, please email us at credentials@edmonds.edu.